The Jewish Federation of Broward County accepts applications from High School students seeking scholarships to participate in teen trips to Israel each winter.
To qualify, participants must be:
- High School students (entering 9th – 12th grade)
- Members of Broward County Jewish Households (including interfaith families.)
- Seeking to go to Israel through a recognized teen program, designed to strengthen ties to Israel, that lasts between 3 and 8 weeks.
Applications for 2018 scholarships are now closed. Applications will re-open in early 2019.
- Applicants must apply through FACTS. (Portal below.)
- Families must provide financial and other information to FACTS.
- Teen applicants must write a short essay telling us how they expects the trip – and our support - to impact their lives, and how they expects in turn, to impact the wider community.
- Teen applicants must agree to perform 50 hours of volunteer service in the Jewish community (before or after the trip – at the Jewish organization of her choice) if selected to receive a scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients will be chosen based on a combination of need and merit.
- We anticipate receiving a large number of applications. Unfortunately, that means not every applicant will receive a scholarship, and not every recipient will receive the full amount they ask for.
- Families will be expected to contribute towards the cost of the trip based on their financial situation. Families will also be expected to pursue every other possibility for financial assistance.
- Applicants will be informed of decisions, by the beginning of April 2018.
Questions can be directed to Barbara Levin, 954 252-6970, blevin@JewishBroward.org.
This template controls the elements:
TOP: Top Links (Home, Donate, Events, Contact), Social Network Buttons, Tagline, Tagline Image
HEADER: Show or hide Header, Show or hide Menu
To select Font Awesome icons visit: https://fontawesome.io/icons/
* This message is only visible in administrative mode